Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wow...It has been almost 18 months since I have posted anything. I did not even remember how to log on to the site, so that tells me I have been away for far too long.

You know what else it must mean...a new season of Dancing With The Stars has started. Of course, two seasons have passed since my last blog post ... but don't take that as a negative endorsement for the show. In fact, my name is Lisa Mushett and I approve this message. :)  (I will be so happy when the political season is over)

This promises to be the best season yet for Dancing With the Stars as it is the all-star edition. Many fan favorites have been invited back to compete once again, and then there are some others that I am not sure why they were invited back ... yes Bristol Palin and Kirstie Alley, I am talking about you!

Andrew also felt they should have invited back fan-favorite dancers as well (he really misses Edyta, Lacey and Julianne - honestly, I am surprised I even get to watch on the big TV since Edyta has been gone for over six seasons now.) Thankfully my close personal friend Maks is back (although I better get my fill this year since he is leaving the show ... no shirts and leather pants better be high on the costume list this year). His brother is certainly not that bad either, but I digress. Let's get started with Opening Night.

The first dance was Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson. They definitely got the night off to a great start and showed that the level of competition was going to be amazing. In season's past, their dance would have garnered 9s and 10s, but last night 6.5s (yes, they went to a half point system, which is awkward but necessary since everyone is so good) and 7s were all they could manage. Len showed that he is going to be even more crotchty and critical this year (Maks better look out) as he went after Joey right out of the gate. And then what was up with Carrie Ann going after Emmy-winning Tom Bergeron for cutting her off. Trust me, people would much rather hear Tom over her and I am glad he went right back at her. After she broke off her engagement, she has turned into a little diva. I do not like her.

Next was Shawn Johnson. They obviously want her win since they put her with Derek. She is really cute and her dance was amazing. She got an 8, which was the highest score of the night until the last dance.

Helio, Helio, Helio! I love Helio Castraneves. He was one of my favorite dancers from the past, but I think he is going to have a short stay this season. He and Chelsie, who is also another favorite, were cute, but in comparison to the two before them and then Sabrina Bryan after him ... he will not be in the winner's circle at the end of this race.

Next was Sabrina Bryan who will win this season. She was far and away the best dancer out there and she was dancing against the best. Plus, I think she is going to ride her "most shocking elimination in the history of the program" (obviously they are hoping that people are forgetting that she had a new album come out and was going to start touring the week she was eliminated ... very convenient). She was amazing and I am thrilled that Louis has a good partner finally. He always gets loser partners so it is nice to see him with someone so AWESOME.

Then there was Bristol Palin ... why she was invited back is beyond me. They obviously are still banking on the Sarah Palin star power with election season upon us, but they would have been better off getting Sarah out there. I will say Bristol did look much better after losing a bunch of weight and getting plastic surgery, and she did improve, but she still was so stiff. She should be the first or second to go, but I think she will get a reprieve because of Sarah. Sarah was there last night so they must be a little nervous that Bristol's stay is going to be short lived. Her partner, Mark Ballas, also is very annoying to me. He always overdances and it is very distracting. 

Another one that should be the first to go is Pamela Anderson. She is a horrible dancer, but I am sure there are many men out there who are just like Andrew and rushing to their phone to vote for her each week. She just looks old now, but with the promise of wearing next to nothing each week, she will stick around for a few shows I believe. Her partner had the line of the night though when he said, "After all these years being made fun of for being a male dancer, it has finally paid off." I did laugh pretty hard at that.

Other highlights of the evening included Gilles Marini. He is so hot and what a great dancer. He should finish second behind Sabrina. Emmitt was entertaining, but I did not think he was the best of the night and deserved scores that high. He also should not have recycled an outfit from when he was on the show previously and what was Cheryl wearing? It was not a good look for her at all. 

Apolo and Karina were OK. Reagan loved the flashing jewelry so that should tell you something. Drew Lachey was fine. Melissa Rycroft and Tony had the most entertaining dance of the night. I really liked that one and they should have scored higher. Kelly Monaco and Val have great chemistry, but she is not that good. And Kirstie...

Well, I am not sure how Kirstie says she is a size 6. She is not. And she looks so horrible when they are practicing. I hate to see her and Maks on the floor because I keep flashing back to when he dropped her last year (which was one of the funniest moments in show history). I am not sure how people are going to react to Maks this year after the allegations in Hope Solo's book.

Last night was an awesome start and it should be a great year. I now know where I will be every Monday and Tuesday night. Thank goodness Dance Moms is now over. It would have been a tough decision between the two.

_________________________________________________________________________

So I wrote the top part before the elimination last night, but it appears that I was right on the money with Bristol and Pam being in the bottom two along with Drew Lachey. I am shocked that Pam went home last night, but then again, she was awful.

On a side note, I loved that new Pitbull song. He is so cool, and even though I cannot look at Justin Bieber, I do love his music. And Brooke...wow that dress was short. I think she forgot the pants to it. :)

Until next week (maybe)...we will see how long I keep this up.

Gotta go, go, go,
Reagan & Ryann's mom



No comments: