Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm Back...Must Be Time For Dancing With The Stars!

OK ... so I have to apologize for my year-long sabbatical (really has it been that long). Who knew having two kids (yes...I had another daughter, Ryann, who is now 9 months old since I wrote last), working full time, playing tennis, being on my condo association board and trying to sell jewelry would take up so much time. Just looking at this ridiculous list of only my activities, I get tired. Add Reagan's dance and swimming and her Kindergarten tours and Andrew's hockey, basketball, volunteering and everything else and I am just thankful that I can still set Ryann down on the floor and she will not go too far ... I hope she never crawls (so she is a little behind being 9 months and not crawling ...hopefully she will wait until she is 2).

With that said ... I was reading an old post and realized that I really missed doing this. Maybe it was because Season 10 of Dancing With The Stars was so great (and yes Nicole won and Evan was second) or because Season 11 was so terrible and there was nothing to talk about. When Bristol Palin makes the finals and no Edyta for Andrew, it was pretty much a lost cause (although that did not prevent me from watching the finals on Andrew's Slingbox on my phone). Maybe this year, they can get Justin Bieber as a musical guest and I am all in ...I admit, I have Bieber Fever (I probably shouldn't admit that since he is 24 years younger than me).

Just reading the websites and seeing some of the rumored people for this season, I have mixed feelings. If Brett Favre is on Season 12, I think I will lose it. He has already ruined my local football team and now he will ruin my favorite show. I just need a Brett Favre Life Sabbatical ... probably like everyone other person in Minnesota right about now. I hope he is not on there. It is so out of character for him, but then again, he cannot be out of the spotlight for more than 5 minutes so what better way to get back in the spotlight, although spray tanning and wearing sequins is even lower than anything I thought Brett Favre would do.

Other names I have seen ...Lorenzo Lamas in the old, hot guy role; wrestler Chris Jericho, Playboy playmate Kendra Wilkinson (Andrew will like her), talk show host Wendy Williams (she is so annoying) and former Growing Pains kid Candace Cameron-Bure who will have big shoes to fill because her former Russian hockey-playing husband won season two of Battle of the Blades in Canada and was absolutely amazing.

Then in what could be worse than Brett Favre, I saw the other day that Todd Palin was going to hit the floor this season. Come on Sarah...give us all a break (I feel a Sarah Palin life sabbatical coming on as well). It was a travesty that Bristol was on for as long as she was last year, and I like Bristol ... except she could not dance. But since I am a marketing person, if I am casting for Dancing With The Stars, I am for sure getting Todd Palin on there because those Tea Party supporters are freaks and he could write his ticket to the finals. Of course Sarah would like it - where can you get better free publicity in your run for President even if you get booed in front of 22 million people on live TV like last year. Once again, the question arises who is the bigger media whore in that family? The list keeps growing and growing.

One interesting thing this season is that Derek Hough will not be on so that will level the playing field for everyone involved. I never have figured out why they always put the best professional dancer with the best celebrity dancer (is that part of Derek's contract), but hopefully that means more MAKS!

We will see when they make the selections next Monday night during the season finale of the Bachelor...do not even get me started on that show.

Until then...Gotta go, go, go, go, go,
Reagan and Ryann's mom

No comments: